The Schwinn 430 elliptical is a popular choice for a compact elliptical trainer for those looking for a gym quality machine at an affordable price, coming from a reputable firm that initially debuted in 2006. The Schwinn 430 digital computer allows you to accurately track time, distance, speed, calories, and strides per minute. Consumers like the flexibility to input their own data giving them power measure a variety of workout results and track progress while they train. You can easily see your progress from one training session to the other. This Elliptical Trainer uses a steel flywheel and computer controlled drive system that provide high inertia for smooth strides minimizing noise levels so I found you could literally hear the TV at a normal level while you exercise.
This machine is currently on offer on Amazon at a reduced price of $579.99 - almost 50% discount - click here to find out more about this great offer!
User reviews however, show that not everyone feels the same about how well this unit performs. Nonetheless the vast majority of Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer Reviews still show that its one of the best in its price range. I found that Schwinn have greatly improved this model from previous trainers to incude a 3 speed fan and great multimedia features as you will see in my review below.
The Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer uses revolutionary design in elliptical trainers which combines the flywheel design and computer controlled drive systems. This combination co-creates a comfortable stride as it eliminate bumps in the motion and create smooth strides. The is nothing i hate when exercising than having a feeling of traveling on a bumpy ride and have my feet sliding all over the place. With the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer you will have a gym like experience while you go through your exercise regime.
Table of Contents
(click a title to jump ahead!)
In addition to this revolutionary system, the Schwinn 430 also was designed based on an analysis of living organisms and how they move about thereby delivering a comfortable movement of the foot throughout the elliptical motion. The other cool feature which comes with the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer is the user designed computer system which gives you the power to input customized data, measure a variety of workout results, and track progress. There is nothing more important than to see your progress on a day to day basis and the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer, definitely is a winner when it comes to this feature.
The Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer also allows you to control the resistance level at anytime during your exercise. To do this, you simply use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons on the machine. Most reviewers have found this feature very useful to their training program. Two other comfort features that every elliptical user needs to keep in mind are Grip as well as Pedal design and Schwinn outdid themselves on these aspects.
Pedals: I have already mentioned the bio-mechanical design, which mimics animal movement but in addition to that, the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer pedals were engineered to be oversized. Yes you read that right they are oversized and this is meant to give your feet that extra space as you stride out. Additionally you get the added benefit of the extra padding, which is meant not only to absorb the impact from the intensity of your workout but also get rid stress on your joints/knees and hips. This machine has a 20" Precision Path stride length.
Grip: There are two hand positions on the Schwinn 430- the stationery and moving hand-bars. This gives you the choice to effortlessly and comfortably switch between the grip positions. Both have pulse monitors so you still can track your vitals as you go along. The placement of these grips also means you will always be in an upright position despite the handlebar you choose. This reduces stress on your back as you maintain an upright posture while you train. The Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer really delivers comfort and enjoyment while working out meaning longer and effective workouts.
Every trainer hates a noisy machine and most manufacturers are now trying their best to design quieter machines. The Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer is not yet there when it comes to quiet machines, but beats most home gym models on the market at the moment. Based on reviews, and my own user testing experience (trying this out in an equipment warehouse), I’d give it a 4 out of 5 rating, or FAIR rating as far as noise levels are concerned. It is important to stress at this time that I am yet to find an elliptical trainer that scores 5 out of 5 from my own testing and extensive research that I do. If you look at Amazon reviews, one area that most home gym trainers fall on is the noise levels.
So how does the Schwinn 430 achieve a 4 out of 5 rating? The combined use of a steel flywheel and a computer controlled drive system essentially delivers the near quietness experience. As it's inevitable that your elliptical trainer will squeak in one way or the other, what most users find useful is to use recommended Permatex grease and this will take care of most noise. I however still think at 4 out of 5 the Schwinn 431 Elliptical Trainer is pretty much top of the range as far noise reduction is concerned.
What I love about the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer is that its features are designed to make your training experience a lovable experience. These features include 22 workout programs, an LCD back-lit console, sound system as well as grips with heart rate monitors. All these are done to very high standards.
1. Workout programs: The elliptical trainer comes with 22 workout programs - 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 custom user defined, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start plus additional features. Most users find the Heart rate programs invaluable to their training. These are designed to bring your Heart Rate into a target zone based on what you goal is. The Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer manual will give you clear instructions on heart rates so you don’t need to fret if you are starting out. However even seasoned users have found this guidance very useful as well. This machine has 20 levels of computer controlled resistance as well to give a wide range of workout intensity options.
2. LCD Console: Schwinn has demonstrated that it has learnt from its design errors from their earlier models when it comes to this feature. The Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer has a SchwinnDualTrack two LCD window system allowing you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks. This gives you a truly remarkable and personalized experience. The LCD gives real time feedback while you train on your heart rate, calorie burn, distance covered and so forth. Such real time feedback is why most users find the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer a piece of engineering mastery as it equivalent to giving you the power to track what you want when you want, knowing that its all there behind a simple click of a button.
3. Multimedia: Every elliptical trainer manufacturer is making a dash for integrating multimedia capabilities in their machines. The Schwinn 431 Elliptical Trainer comes with SchwinnConnect goal tracking and data export so you can track your progress and fitness goals. There's even a charging USB port to keep your phone, tablet or music player at full battery life. Acoustic speakers give a good quality sound and the 3 speed fan will keep you cool while you sweat away during your workout!
Schwinn Connect Website
The user also has the ability to track time, distance and calorie goals, then export this information via USB to the Schwinn Connect website and other popular fitness apps. A great feature is it can be programed for multi-users.
4. Heart Rate Monitor: Monitoring your heart rate while you train cannot be overlooked. The Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer comes with Grip Heart Rate Monitor only and this may be a great disappointment for those users who like wireless solutions. However the fact that you have two handle bars which allow you to switch position means you can still be catered for, as you will still find a comfortable posture while you train. The grip heart rate monitors on the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer means you can easily access the Heart Rate Control (H.R.C) Programs – 60% to 70% of max. heart rate, 70% to 80% of max. heart rate, and 80% to 90% of max. heart rate whatever handlebar you choose to hold onto.
5. Convenience: As we go into smaller and smaller spaces, as well as have varying moods when training, the ability to move you elliptical trainer from one location to another becomes key. The Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer is equipped with wheels to enable you to mover it around as you see fit. However it's important that you are very careful when doing so, and avoid any any sharp impact directly or indirectly to the machine especially the computer as this will affect its operation. So only move the machine when it's absolutely necessary.
Assembling the Schwinn Fitness 430 Elliptical Trainer can take between 90mins to 120mins depending on how good you are. The elliptical trainer comes with an easy to read assembly manual and well labelled parts. They also provide the tools you need to put everything together so even if you don’t have tools at home, everything will work out just fine. Although the directions are clear and logical,they are not laid out as in the Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical trainer. From the reviews I have read as well as talking to a few shop assistants, it's recommended not to overtighten the bolts or screws so as to minimize squeaking. The Schwinn 430 Elliptical also comes with warning labels and clearly marked points where you can affix them. Also make sure that once assembled you leave about 0.5m (19.7inches) of clearance around the machine so you can easily mount and dismount from the machine from either side.
The Schwinn 430 elliptical trainer comes well packed in one box, but the packaging is pretty heavy, and you may need to move one piece at a time before assembly. Once assembled the machine weighs in at 165lbs.
Once assembled your new Schwinn 430 elliptical trainer will measure 51 x 34 x 22 inches. The maximum weight that the machine can hold is 300lbs - higher than many other competing brands. This is definitely one of the top end for home based machines on the market today.
"I had my doubts about the quality of an elliptical at this price point, but was pleasantly surprised. Great quality device, and a great addition to my home gym.……(read more here: Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer Review)”
“if you are looking for a well built, reasonably priced elliptical, the Model 430 MY16 is the way to go…(read more here: Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer Review)”
I love the program upgrades, the "onboard" fan and that you can program it for multiple users….(read more here: Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer Review)”
Amazon Rating: 3.7
Aspect Covered (Standard Warranty only)
Check current Schwinn Elliptical 430 Best Price and discounts: